Alexander Waters, the moderator, asked the candidates if they would support a bill to enact Constitutional Carry in Tennessee. He posed the question clearly and succinctly.
Watch the video, listen to their answers, and make you choice. As you listen, keep in mind that I sent them a short questionnaire on July 21, which they both answered, with links below.
The question, along with Jason's answer can be found HERE.
Karen's answer is found HERE.
Here are some questions I would like to have heard discussed:
- Are Tennesseans less trustworthy than residents of Maine, Vermont, Wyoming, Arizona, Arkansas, Alaska, or Kansas, who all have Constitutional Carry?
- Did Governor Haslam really mean it when he said he would sign the bill if it came to him?
- Why do seniors on fixed incomes have to pay a poll tax to exercise a constitutional right?
- If the Second Amendment guarantees a right, why does Tennessee make it a privilege for only those who can afford the cost?
- Does anyone care that this permitting process is and outgrowth of antebellum slave codes, and still has its greatest effect on minorities?
What do you think?
---------------If you agree with this writing, please link, like, and share on social media and email lists. You can subscribe using the link at the upper left of the page. Unsubscribing is easy if you decide not to foll any more.